We all have certain people in our lives that are Life Givers. Life givers are people that you absolutely love to be around. They are happy, excited and authentic when you see them. You can open up to them, have deep conversations and even have some serious laugh attacks with them.
You know you’re around a Life Giver when you leave your encounter with them with energy and satisfaction.
But we all know there are people who we can classify as leeches. We call them leeches because the suck the life out of you when you are around.
They are always negative, talking about the worst case scenario all of the time. They are doom and gloom about their job, marriage, finances and friendships and often times, they want to bring you down into their black hole. Misery loves company, as they say.
As we get older we start to feel the effects of the negativity that these leeches have and we start to seek out. We find ourselves more anxious, depressed or negative because of them.
What we often don’t realize is how much we need positive people in our lives. We should seek to surround ourselves with these life givers because doing will improve and challenge us as people instead of stress us out or give us grief.
– What are your thoughts on the video? What stood out?
– Do you have a life giver in your life now? Who is it? How do they give you life?
– Do you have a leech in your life now? What is the result of being around them?
– How can you help be a life giver to others?
– How can you be a life giver to the leeches in your life?